1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Allergies TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ana321, Apr 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ana321

Ana321 Peer Supporter

Hey guys,

As i go through the SEP my symptoms seem to be subsiding but i've literally been struck with the worst hay fever i've ever had in my life and i've never had it before.. i'm just wondering if this could be TMS at work? It seems suspicious, the Spring time is notorious for 'allergies' and it seems to be in vogue.. i'm congested and miserable at the moment because of it.

Can allergies be TMS?

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Short answer--yes! Dr. Sarno has listings under both "allergies" and "hay fever" in the index to his book Healing Back Pain.
    I prolonged my headaches for at least a year because I excused them as allergy-related, and I live in an area where it seems everyone suffers from allergies. It wasn't until a dr told me that they sounded like tension headaches that I went, "holy cow! TMS!" Then I got rid of them.

giantsfan likes this.
  3. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I used to suffer terribly with summertime hay fever and took a preventative nasal spray each year just prior to the season. I hadn't taken that for several years but would occasionally get the odd sniffle or itchy eye. Nothing major though. Last summer was a time of massive stress for me and guess what? I suffered for months with hay fever. So yes, I would agree that your hay fever is just another TMS symptom.