1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Ah relief!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by PeoplePleaser1, Aug 28, 2013.

1. PeoplePleaser1

PeoplePleaser1 New Member

Day 1 - feeling so grateful and relieved that I found this program. I am a 39 year old working mother of 3 children. I am a bonafied people pleaser and have been this way for as long as I remember. Very self motivated and driven to do well in every aspect of my life - perfect mother, friend, wife, employee, coach...you get the picture. My husband has always told me "you have the weight of the world on your shoulders" and I never knew what he meant until now. I am a drill sergeant to myself and have never given myself a break - until now. I have had back pain off and on since the birth of my son 7 years ago. I was diagnosed with two bulging discs but the pain went away after some PT and chiropractic manipulation. My back pain has come and gone over the years as different things happened in my life. Recently, I went through a debilitating episode after I changed jobs and moved to a new home. I woke up one morning with horrible pain that just seemed to get worse each day. I could barely do anything without being in pain including playing with my kids and holding my daughter (which was killing me). I was the most depressed I have ever been in my life - waking up and going to bed upset and afraid of the pain. I broke out in horrible acne and even had thoughts of leaving my husband - just miserable. My pain started to get a little better with PT but I was frustrated bc I love to exercise and I felt limited. Finally, I saw this book listed on a message board that I visit and downloaded it to my Kindle. As soon as I started reading the book, my pain subsided significantly. It was unbelievable! I knew I had TMS right away. I am so excited to continue on with this educational program and be pain free. I think this could change my life!! :)

NolaGal and Stella like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

PeoplePleaser,
    You have come to the right place. There is great wisdom and kind, compassionate support to be found on this site. So glad you have found us. Dive in. Change is assured.

plum likes this.
  3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I can only echo Ellen's words. Welcome here. May you find answers and healing.

4. mousemom

mousemom Peer Supporter

I can relate to your story being a mom of three & back pain for 10 years. I have been working with TMS for awhile now. While my back pain is not completely gone this community has truly helped me. I pray you continue on this journey of getting to know yourself & heal. Please keep us posted.