1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 11 After reading post by Armchair Linguist

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by SB, Feb 12, 2013.

1. SB

SB Peer Supporter

Reading the piece by Armchair Linguist helped me add a 23rd probable TMS symptom to my list: I was told by a doctor (either when I was in high school or earlier) to start wearing 3/4 orthotics because I was having foot pain. Now that I know about TMS, I'm pretty sure the pain must have been that. I recently coincidentally stopped wearing the insoles just because they were worn out and I'd been too lazy to replace them, and I haven't had any pain in my feet. It's still valuable information for me to be able to reflect on my earlier life and think of different TMS symptoms I was having and try to think about whatever emotional stuff was building up.

It's sad that--at the time of his/her writing--Armchair Linguist still struggled with upper back pain. My scapula pain is one of the most prevalent of my remaining TMS symptoms (and is the most prevalent source of pain).

I'm trying hard to dig deep and "go there now" emotionally to try to solve this (as I've solved my wrists and other things)... but I haven't hit it.