1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Affirmations

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Max, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Max

Max Peer Supporter

I,ve dug out a previous post which is something that I am presently using and finding most helpful. Re programming the mind it appears is very important to recovery. The link is posted below :

http://tmswiki.wetpaint.com/page/Affirmations

At the bottom of the page is a link to a previous post where someone recorded their own affirmations. I have taken on that idea too, with a simple twist. I have recorded myself talking through my own personal self talk affirmations over and over into a small digital dictaphone. I simply plug in some ear phones, and listen to myself re programming my subconcious over and over throughout the day. If I get any periods of the demon negative thoughts, I simply grab the dictaphone which I carry with me, switch on and drown out the negatives with all my own positive self talk. I have read with great interest how this process actually works, and re programming would appear to be very important and quite simple to carry out. As someone who has suffered from a lot of negative thinking, it may take some time to re programme my subconcious. I hope this helps some of you, and good luck with your re programming, should you choose to give it a go.

Forest likes this.
  2. Jesse MacKinnon

Jesse MacKinnon Peer Supporter

Good luck man! I'll start that exercise myself.

3. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

I love Louise Hay's affirmations--I have a bunch of them on my ipod and on a bad day I just listen to them nonstop.

4. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Veronica: I love Louise Hay too. I am on her email list of daily affirmations.Although she doesn't seem to send them daily. Dr. Wayne Dyer is another good one. And if you're on Facebook - check out "the Tranquility Dudes". They are really great and the name makes me smile.

Max: I LOVE it. You are on the right path. I have little sticky's posted all over my house and my car. They read simply: "You are healthy, you are fine, this too shall pass."

I was recently in a friend's home who is a single parent of two young daughters. Written on their bathroom mirror is "You are beautiful - you are loved."

I think that is so cool.

BG

Max likes this.
  5. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

I love self affirmations and use them all the time.

6. sewmuch

sewmuch Member

Affirmations were very helpful to me as I started working through the program. This is a good reminder to me to revisit them and rework them - not for pain (YEAH!!) but for other areas of my life.

7. Max

Max Peer Supporter

Hi sewmuch, have you previously succesfully healed from TMS, and if so did the affirmations prove instrumental in that process? My apologies I have just seen your other post on your recovery. Well done, congratulations, an inspiration to others :)

Beach-Girl likes this.
  8. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

The Louise Hay Daily Affirmation is now on Facebook and Twitter, but I do get other emails from her. I'll check out the other FB page you mentioned, BeachGirl.

9. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

If you find just a couple, they lead you to more and more. Be glad to post a few if anyone is interested. I wasn't into Facebook at all when I started. I didn't really have a lot of interest in meeting up with old friends from school. But my experiences have taken me into a whole new direction where I read inspirational posts everyday. And they DO apply to what we're doing here.

This is one reason I believe TMS/PPD is going to hit the mainstream and help so many. There are many wounded warriors of life out there. They don't realize what their subconscious minds and childhood experiences have led to migraine headaches, fibromyalgia, chronic pain etc. I see a day where people won't be able to get enough on TMS/PPD and say good riddens to the docs who have brought them to believe - there is no cure and have no clue what's wrong.

BG

veronica73 likes this.
  10. honeybear424

honeybear424 Well known member

I am off to check out Louise Hay on FB. I got her Self-Esteem Affirmations CD yesterday and fell asleep listening to it. Also got You Can Heal Your Life, the movie. Looking forward to watching it this weekend.

Thanks, BG! :)