1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

ACV for GERD

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by chickenbone, May 28, 2013.

1. chickenbone

chickenbone Well known member

There has been a lot of discussion on this board about people suffering from acid reflux (GERD). This article explains why you should not take antacids that only make the problem worse. What I do when I get this is to sip a very small amount of apple cider vinegar during a big meal especially if I have eaten late. This way, the acid gets increased in my stomach when I need it to digest my food. Most of these problems are originally caused by low stomach acid.

I believe that, especially when people get older, they suffer from low stomach acid, which causes their digestion to slow down. Then it is much more likely that their body will still be trying to digest food after they go to bed, even if they have eaten many hours before. This causes the stomach to churn more violently to digest food that causes acid to back up into the throat and esophagus.

This article tells people to take a tablespoon, but I only take a fraction of a teaspoon to do the trick and it works better for me if I don't take it all at once, but several small sips.

http://healthwyze.org/index.php/com...antacids-and-baking-soda-for-indigestion.html

Stock Trader likes this.
  2. Stock Trader

Stock Trader Peer Supporter

Chickenbone,
    How many minutes before a meal do you take the acv ?

3. Stella

Stella Well known member

I used apple cider vinegar for years.

What I have found is you have to believe a 100% that the acid reflux is TMS. When I started this program I had no doubt that my shin splints, acid reflux, IT band pain, pelvic pain, bladder pain, plus more pain is TMS. I stopped all remedies for acid reflux. I talked to it to get out of my body. It did lots of belching to push it out. It tried to come back several times in the next few weeks but mentally I talked to it and pushed it out. I have had no symptoms for several months now.

For all my many illnesses.. all are manageable with my journaling except one because I had doubt. I have had problems with bumps on my heels feeling like they were coming loose and wiggling. Yes, there is even a name for it..... Haglund's deformity. My heels were red and swollen. I have even cut out a V in the back of my tennis shoes to compensate for this so I can walk my 4+ miles each day. When I tell people I know my heel pain is TMS I feel a slight release in pain. You would think that would convince me then doubt starts creeping in and my heels start hurting. But I have been mentally working on talking to my "heels" for several months now and I see a difference. And I am telling you I know my heel pain is TMS.... I know it is.

Look at this site by Dr. Gwozdz a TMS Doctor. Look at the Manifestations of TMS. http://www.gwozdzmd.com/
    It may help to reinforce the belief. You can do this.

Stock Trader likes this.
  4. chickenbone

Stock Trader,

I think it is best to take it toward the end or just after a meal. I just take a few sips. When I was younger, it seemed that my food would digest rather quickly, now I can often feel that it doesn't. Since I don't want to go to bed with food still being digested, if I feel too full an hour or 2 before bed, I take a little of the ACV to speed up digestion. I don't take it all the time, just when I am bothered by the reflux.

I had a parathyroid problem that I had fixed last year. That was the major cause of my GERD. However, I have always thought that it is also TMS because it often comes and goes, has a pattern consistent with TMS. I can always count on TMS to worsen even real symptoms.

5. Stock Trader

Stella, what journal method do you use? What style seems to help you the most?

6. Stella

Stella Well known member

I would call my journaling at this point just a stream of consciousness. I think of something that happened that day usually always something then just write.. ignoring grammer, spelling, and punctuation. One thought just runs into another.

If I can't think of something I write about a personality trait or past experiences.

7. Stock Trader

Look at this site by Dr. Gwozdz a TMS Doctor. Look at the Manifestations of TMS. http://www.gwozdzmd.com/
    It may help to reinforce the belief. You can do this.[/quote]
    I am going pure Sarno this week. I have a 100% belief that GERD is TMS.

8. chickenbone

I am a firm believer in TMS manifesting GERD. However, it is a known symptom of many physical disorders also.