1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A video success story

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Forest, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, all...

One of the great things that we can do with our wonderful new forum is that we can post YouTube videos!

I thought I'd start us off by posting a success story because those are always good, but I encourage others to post whatever videos they think others might find helpful.

This particular video was made by David Schechter. The Workbook that Dr. Schechter's patient mentions is the Mindbody Workbook that he wrote and, I think, uses with all of his patients. It's available on Amazon and I have a copy. For someone who wants a structured educational program like the TMS Wiki's free PPD/TMS Educational Program, but wants something a little different, it's worth taking a look at. For more information, click here.

Anyway, here's the video:

Like I said above, it's easy to insert your own videos. Just go to YouTube, find the video that you want, and copy it's URL (i.e. web address) from the address bar of your browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Safari, or some other program). Then, when you type a message, there is a tiny icon of some film right above where you type. If you paste the URL in there, presto, a little code will be generated that will display your video. Just finish your post and you're done.

Anyway, one thing I really like about this video is that it sets realistic expectations. Books often highlight overnight successes, but those stories aren't typical at all. EVERYONE is different, but I think that this woman's experience is much more typical. After about 2 years of pain and 5 weeks of treatment, she recovered 75%. Everybody has their own pace. My bet is that she continued to improve more and more after the video. That's what I see happen most frequently.

She looks pretty happy though... ;)

What do others think? Does the video give you hope? Did you learn any tips from it?

2. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

That's another GREAT feature of our wonderful new forum! I love it! Thanks for kicking us off with a great success story video.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I loved the video and am posting this one from 2012 again because I'd like to share it with everyone.