1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A Series of Discussions

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, May 5, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

The TMS Recovery Program is one of the very best pieces of content on our site. It was written by Alan Gordon, LCSW, a psychotherapist who recovered from his own TMS, and it speaks to people in a powerful way.

However, it is possible to read the program like a magazine article, without putting the time in to do the actual work that it requires. It's not enough just to read the program and passively accept its ideas. You have to change the way that you talk to yourself, start meditating, and learn to feel your feelings. These are just three of the steps in the program. There are, in fact, seventeen more.

To help people do the actual work we want to create an official thread for each of the parts of the program. Starting next Monday, twice a week, we will be starting a new thread for a section of the program.

We would like to make the best resource threads that we can, to help people learn how to implement the program in their own lives. We will spend three or four days on each section. I hope you will join me in working through this program together.

To make the best series of threads that we can, we will actually be recruiting a team who will, when possible, read the relevant section and read and respond to that thread. If you would be interested in helping out, let me know.

If you'd like to check out the TMS Recovery Program, here's the link:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program

Thanks for your support!

Forest

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is awesome forest. I have always known that the TMS recovery program is an awesome resource. Sometimes we hear the juicy stuff and it seems to go past our thinking somewhere as if we never even learned the Wisdom.
    Getting our head into our projects and book work in life is how we accomplish our big test in life and get things done. That is the same way the TMS recovery program has to be worked.
    We have a goal in our mind to heal and then we learn to take control of our unconscious traits. That alone takes many hours of practice but it is so worth it all. We didn't get into the shape we're in now over night so it takes time to learn and practice those lessons over and over for a change to appear.
    I remember I had a workout program. I had the SEP to do and I was using all the awareness I could and still I was learning more. Then I saw the making of the Tms recovery program and it completed the whole SEP program and actually talked about the voices we might hear or the feelings we feel and how to turn all of that around so it won't be so burdensome anymore.
    I have really been blessed by this program and hope to be a part of writing my thoughts about each subject. So cooool, thanks

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

As I've thought more about this series of threads, I've realized that having people read through the threads has great potential to help people in the context of a structured program. I'd like to create a new structured program, similar to the pre-existing Structured Educational Program (SEP), but based on the TMS Recovery Program that was donated by Alan Gordon, based on the approach used at the Pain Psychology Center.

Though I initially announced we were going to post the first official thread for the TMS Recovery Program today, we'll actually be postponing the launch date of this resource. The plan is to ultimately integrate these threads with the existing structured program for the TMS Recovery Program, currently known as the "Reader's Guide," which was made public in December of last year (read the original announcement). You can view the Reader's Guide in its current form here.

The threads themselves will still be posted as I announced previously. I'm working on planning out all the details on how the threads will be integrated into the structured program, though, which is why I will be pushing back the start date for about a week.

We're still recruiting a core team to read and respond to these threads, so send me a private message here if you're interested in helping out.

Thanks for your support!

Forest

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Very good, Forest. I'll keep working on the SEP and video library for now.

5. chickenbone

chickenbone Well known member

I would love to be involved in this. Alan Gordon and all of you have been unbelievably helpful in my recovery.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Forest like this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Chickenbone. We'd love to have your help with the TMS Recovery Program.
    I'll pass on your email to Forest and Becca.