1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A quote to remember

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by quasar731, May 26, 2012.

1. quasar731

quasar731 Well known member

I quote the excerpt below from a terrific article called "Miracles of Mind Body Medicine". I found it on day 10 of the structure program.

"Our bodies often try to help us in ways that are difficult to understand.
    Anxiety attacks, for example, are often unwelcome and burdensome, but the body’s underlying goal in producing one is to increase the chances of survival against a perceived threat(23).
    The result may be unpleasant, but the intent is noble. Our bodies are trying
    to help us. It is the same with pain. In 1918, psychiatrist Henry Maudsley wrote that ‘The sorrow which has no vent in tears may make other organs weep’."

I think I will adopt this quote by Henry Maudsley, how true it is!

Health and happiness!

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

What a wonderful way to view the TMS process. By repressing our emotions and keeping them hidden away, we are forcing ourselves to release them in another manner, i.e. through our body. If we simply ignore how angery we are, it does not go away. It will simply manifest itself as back pain, or knee pain, or a gastrointential condition. One way or another our emotions will come out. It is up to us if they are released safely as emotions or as painful conditions.