1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

A little bit of TMS humor...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Shanshu Vampyr, May 7, 2012.

1. Shanshu Vampyr

Shanshu Vampyr Well known member

I was just thinking of all the agonizing that we TMS types tend to do over our life situations/pain/etc. It calls to mind the old joke I've heard (coming from a Psych background):

..."After years of therapy I have come to the sad conclusion that I am perfectly normal. Perhaps I should seek a second opinion." :)

veronica73 likes this.
  2. Shanshu Vampyr

Shanshu Vampyr Well known member

"I'm normal? Whaddaya mean, Doc? I wanna second opinion." :)

Enrique likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I love the humorous quote. How are you doing now?
    I stopped feeling back pain, after a couple of months of TMS healing and
    convincing myself it was all from repressed emotions and not structural.

Bodhigirl likes this.
  4. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

IMG_0613.jpg

plum and Memawjan like this.
  5. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

6. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

Remember the old joke Woody Allen used in Manhattan. "Guy goes to a psychiatrist. He says his brother in law thinks he's a chicken. The doctor says he can help. The guy says "But we need the eggs."

Celayne likes this.
  7. hodini

hodini Peer Supporter

This is a story you all might find amusing and true. In my early 20's I threw my body around like a no tomorrow adrenaline junkie. Snow skiing, water skiing, surfing, high diving etc, besides having twisted and injured body parts many times and repaired, I woke up one morning with a burning sensation in my hip, it grew stronger and more consistent, especially when I was sitting down. I went to see a doctor who had some new method of treatment for the back (I assumed it was coming from my back) that required 12 visits at 1970's prices it was $125 per visit.

I was skeptical, and always made it a practice to never make decisions without sleeping on it for 24 hours. After the doctor finished his pitch to sign up for the series of treatments (at a 10% discount), I stood up, took out my wallet and said, " You know what, I would like to pay you for your time and think about it." he said something to the effect of "let me explain a bit further what I can do for you." I sat back down in the chair and immediately my pain was gone.
    I looked at the fat wallet in my hand and understood who the culprit had been. I got up, handed over the $125 and exclaimed to the Dr. "Amazing, I have discovered the cure through the lightening of my wallet!" and left, never to have that pain again.

Gigalos, Celayne, plum and 1 other person like this.