1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

4 years later

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by yvettemariabetancourt, Dec 13, 2017.

1. yvettemariabetancourt

yvettemariabetancourt Peer Supporter

Many thanks to TMS, Dr. Sarno and this community for the help it has given me over the years.

My last back crisis with 3 herniated discs was 4 years ago. My road to recovery was long, but has had many residual and long standing benefits for me. I watch my emotions and stressors in my life very carefully. I can almost gauge my life by the stiffness of my back. When I do feel this, I step back --exercise more, stretch more, meditate more and understand how all these factors are connected. Exercise is crucial. My foam roller is crucial to relieve muscle tension.

I have learned how to stop the pain from escalating into a full blown crisis. I have had minor setbacks and mini-moments/days of pain, but have addressed them both physically and spiritually. I engage a therapist if I feel runaway anxiety and don't question spending the money for this anymore. I have to have it. Even if something else has to go.

Since then, I have found a loving and supportive partner who helps me a lot and provides a lot of emotional support and love. This new love required me to make a move back to my hometown, a huge metropolis I never wanted to return. I mastering the noise, the chaos and embracing the good things it offers as best as possible (i.e. the best coffee in the world, Cuban coffee) .

I have learned mastering my attitude under many circumstances is the only way to prevent these health crisis.

I struggle. I thrive.

AC45, Forest, readytoheal and 2 others like this.
  2. Jimnat7

Jimnat7 Peer Supporter

So happy you have found a good path through life.