1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 -3 of journaling after reading The Mindbody Rx

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by srilankamama, Sep 7, 2019.

1. srilankamama

srilankamama Newcomer

It is so terrific reading all of your posts. Thanks for your support, even though I've just begun!

I finished "The MB Rx" this week per a friend's recommendation, and was disappointed that there wasn't a specific course of therapy... but then was directed to the journaling exercises on TMSwiki so here I am! I pulled me left hamstring while sprinting 6 years ago when I was pregnant with my second child, which I've done several times, along with various other running-related injuries, over the course of my active and athletic life. My injuries always sorted themselves out, so I figured this one would be no different. One morning I woke up a couple weeks later and my right hamstring was just as tight as the left. Thus began 6 years of various treatments, lots of frustration, and limited mobility. Chiropractic, acupuncture, yoga, massage, and of course not doing what I love: being really active. I still exercise, but not nearly to the extent that I would like, and am constantly sore. When I run (just a mile or two--I used to do marathons so it feels depressing...) my two hammies are super-sore for days afterwards. Just sitting here typing this, my legs are sore. I wish to be as limber and flexible as when I was a child!

I've only thus begun the "treatment" and feel that I definitely fit into the "overachiever" and "goodness" categories. The MB Rx was laborious to read but I "bought" it 100%: I totally believe the pain is due to repressed emotions and tension. I just can't imagine what it is yet! I have a great family, I feel like I just hit the "sweet spot" where my kids are both now in elementary school and I have some "me time" again, and I recently fulfilled a life-long goal to live abroad, which is like a dream come true. What is lurking in my gray matter?? I can't wait to find out!