1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

3 Hikes down =)

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Calum, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Calum

Calum Well known member

Hi guys, another update from me.
    Lately I've been really pushing myself to ignore the physical and my fears around hurting my ankle and get out there and do some hiking. Last Saturday I managed a 4 km hike with 300m of ascent. This Saturday I managed a 7 km hike with 160m of ascent and on Sunday I managed a 5 km hike with 500m of ascent and a grade 3 scramble. I managed all the hiking just fine, with a couple of niggles and twinges around my ankles, but I kept ignoring the twinges and telling myself my ankles were fine and strong. I also managed the scrambling without any finger pain which is a bonus! =) Right now as I sit here my ankle aches a bit, but I'm just telling myself to keep strong to focus on the emotional and just do what I want to do, which right now is edit some photos I took at the top of the first mountain I've been up in a year! Very happy right now!

Cheers, Calum

Ellen, Benjiro and giantsfan like this.
  2. Denise84

Denise84 New Member

So awesome!

Calum likes this.