1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

28yr old entrepreneur - Going on 2yrs in pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tee, Aug 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tee

Tee Newcomer

Hi

So, I came across the Healing Back Pain book in the first week of July - so 2 months ago and then came across the TMS wiki and feel like I've read everything, understand everything and still no relief. I mean I fit the profile, hard working perfectionist and pain started when I was working crazy hours, not sleeping, went through a breakup and into another unhealthy relationship.

So why is the information not sinking in and helping. I wish I was one of those cases that read the book and the pain just melts away.

I mean I believe the diagnosis, look what I have tried:

I have seen:
    - A GP
    - Chiropractor
    - Orthopaedic surgeon
    - Neurologist
    - Osteopath
    - Acupuncturist
    - Pysio therpist
    - Psychiatrist
    - Ayurveda doctor
    - Rheumatologist

I have had:
    - Xray (normal)
    - MRI (normal)
    - Ultrasound (normal)

Treatments:
    - Pain killers (no help)
    - Strong slow release pain killers (no help)
    - Muscle relaxers (no help)
    - Laser (no help)
    - Anti depressants (no help)
    - Lyrica (no help)
    - Dry needling (no help)
    - Cortisone injection (no help)
    - Lymph drainage (no help)

And can someone please tell me why anti-inflammatories and pain killers don't work.

Also the doctors and psychiatrists in South Africa just don't understand. Their best is " Yes chronic pain does cause depression so let's chat about some coping mechanisms" I don't want to learn to cope and I'm not depressed, I WANT THE PAIN GONE.

My main preoccupation with the pain is, if I was pain free I could do more work, enjoy my work and be more successful - yes I know classic TMSer.

I feel like I get it, but not sure what to do next?

2. futuredancer

futuredancer Peer Supporter

It did help me to read Hope and Help for your Nerves, by Claire Weeks. It gave me some strategies to work with pain. When you read it, replace nervous illness by pain as synonyms. It worked in my case.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  3. Ines

Ines Well known member

Have you tried the Structured Education Program on the tmswiki.org homepage? That helped me a lot.
    I think without it I wouldn't have had as much progress as I did.