1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
livelife2bepainfree
Last Activity:
Mar 7, 2021

Share This Page

livelife2bepainfree

Peer Supporter

Chronic pain is like having an orgasm—you would never get it if you focus on it. It has to be a byproduct of living as if you were pain-free Aug 15, 2020

livelife2bepainfree was last seen:
Mar 7, 2021
  • My Story

It took me 10 years to get to the root of my chronic pain.

For the last five years, I've been pain-free and helping others get rid of their chronic pain.

My chronic pain went away when I was ready to say goodbye to it.

Pain served many purposes in my life.

Pain distracted me from difficult and uncomfortable decisions I knew I had to take in my life.

It was easier for me to deal with the pain rather than quit a successful investment banking career, for example, and disappoint all my family and friends.

"You are too stiff, I can feel tension here and here and here", Lance, my osteopath used to say.

He was right but why was I stiff in the first place?

Because all I did was to please people, say always "yes", and care for everyone else except for myself.

I always tried to control others' opinions and thoughts about myself.

Guess what?

All those maladaptive behaviours were the perfect recipe for stiffness.

And stiffness brought my back pain, lower back, upper back, leg, chest and everything in between.

And IBS and insomnia and skin conditions and more.

But I'm telling you, for a long time it was easier to put up with the excruciating pain than dump a toxic relationship or the "perfect career" that everyone else would love to have.

Only when I addressed my emotions, my anger, my needs, my wants and took action, did the pain and all the rest in the package go away.

That process was not easy though.

It took time.

Sometimes I would go halfway and return to my comfort zone (which comes with pain of course).

Until one day I had enough and went full way.

I ditched a "successful" career, a toxic relationship, useless friendships, and most importantly, the need to strive to be someone I was not.

And guess what?

I became less stiff.

Lance my osteopath missed me.

And my pain went away...

Only when I was ready to say goodbye to it.

My full story here --> https://angelosgeorgakis.com/chronic-back-pain/ (Chronic Back Pain - The Lies And The Truth - Angelos Georgakis)
    1. livelife2bepainfree
      livelife2bepainfree
      Chronic pain is like having an orgasm—you would never get it if you focus on it. It has to be a byproduct of living as if you were pain-free
      1. Looking for space likes this.
  • My Story

It took me 10 years to get to the root of my chronic pain.

For the last five years, I've been pain-free and helping others get rid of their chronic pain.

My chronic pain went away when I was ready to say goodbye to it.

Pain served many purposes in my life.

Pain distracted me from difficult and uncomfortable decisions I knew I had to take in my life.

It was easier for me to deal with the pain rather than quit a successful investment banking career, for example, and disappoint all my family and friends.

"You are too stiff, I can feel tension here and here and here", Lance, my osteopath used to say.

He was right but why was I stiff in the first place?

Because all I did was to please people, say always "yes", and care for everyone else except for myself.

I always tried to control others' opinions and thoughts about myself.

Guess what?

All those maladaptive behaviours were the perfect recipe for stiffness.

And stiffness brought my back pain, lower back, upper back, leg, chest and everything in between.

And IBS and insomnia and skin conditions and more.

But I'm telling you, for a long time it was easier to put up with the excruciating pain than dump a toxic relationship or the "perfect career" that everyone else would love to have.

Only when I addressed my emotions, my anger, my needs, my wants and took action, did the pain and all the rest in the package go away.

That process was not easy though.

It took time.

Sometimes I would go halfway and return to my comfort zone (which comes with pain of course).

Until one day I had enough and went full way.

I ditched a "successful" career, a toxic relationship, useless friendships, and most importantly, the need to strive to be someone I was not.

And guess what?

I became less stiff.

Lance my osteopath missed me.

And my pain went away...

Only when I was ready to say goodbye to it.

My full story here --> https://angelosgeorgakis.com/chronic-back-pain/ (Chronic Back Pain - The Lies And The Truth - Angelos Georgakis)